It’s summer, the heat is on and you’re looking for ways to stay healthy and active. You’ve finally begun consuming 3-4 liters of water, are eating light but frequent meals, and feel pretty much on track except for one thing: the right amount of exercise.
These jump-rope exercises are fun for everyone and will get your heart pumping leaving you feeling energized. Here’s a few to get you started
1. The Criss Cross Jump – Start by jumping and at each alternate jump cross the handles over, uncross the handles before the next jump. If at first you don’t succeed, try again as this jump-rope style takes a bit of practice, but is a great trick to have up your sleeve!
2. The Pair Jump – Find a workout buddy and use a longer skip rope, and time both your jumps! While one of you holds the rope, the both of you jump each time the rope descends. Co-ordination is the key!
3. The Skip-a-turn Jump – An individual exercise, you alternate between one long and one short jump. The longer you are in the air, try to have the rope make 2 or 3 revolutions. This takes lots of practice.
4. Jump Rope Reps – A great warm-up exercise to get you started. Pick a number and skip to achieve it. Each day add more to burn more fat and to increase the difficulty level.
5. Scaling Down Jump Rope – With this method, you descend from higher reps to lower. Pick your highest number of reps and work your way down to 50, with long rest breaks between each round.
Jumping rope may not be a long workout, but it has remarkable almost instantaneous effect to burning fat.